Smirnoff is a brand of vodka now owned and produced by the British company Diageo. The Smirnoff brand began with a vodka distillery founded in Moscow by Pyotr Arsenievich Smirnov (1831–1898), the son of illiterate Russian peasants. It is now distributed in 130 countries.
Smirnoff products include vodka, flavored vodka, and malt beverages. In March 2006, Diageo North America claimed that Smirnoff vodka was the best-selling distilled spirit brand in the world.
Oh my god, I am writing about Alcohol! No WAY! What Have I come to! Nothing actually, I am actually going to talk about just how awesome Smirnoff Vodka’s advertiseing and design teams are. Now I don’t drink alcohol. I have alot with alcohol, so if you drink well, that’s just you, and I don’t drink so that’s just me. Vodka has one of the best logo’s and bottle designs ever. Now this, I kid you not.
Let’s start with that awesome logo. I don’t know why, it just jumps out and grabs me by the balls you know? I don’t know what’s that logo about, it looks like a king, but a modern day king, that’s just awesome. I would wear that logo proudly, even though I don’t drink. Wow. Give that Design team some AWARDS!
Now the bottle design is quite intricate to me. It looks like a cross between a whiskey bottle and a coke-a-cola bottle. Huh, weird comparison. But never the less, the bottle is designed quite intricately. It gives off this high class look. It makes you feel important for just seeing it. Of course that’s a little weird.
The truth is the fact that bottles clear and it goes with any color, Smirnoff chooses colors that accentuate the taste and look of the vodka. I know that may sound weird, but I like the bottle and logos of the Smirnoff Black Ice. Of course there’s Double Black and Triple black and so on. But its the color combination they use that appeal to the eyes of the drinker, and or watcher. It really pops across anywhere basically.
Smirnoff also gives their different drinks numbers. It like an ID that use on every bottle. It makes it look so much more sleek and cunning. Like James Bond…nah Smirnoff is way awesome-er than James Bond. But my point is, just they mare fact that Smirnoff using codes to represent their different flavors really make it more mysterious and as I said before Just plain Awesome! Here’s a little rundown of the products and their numbers.
Most Smirnoff products have a unique identifying number that is displayed on the label. Some of these numbers are:
- * 21: Smirnoff North (previously Smirnoff Norsk). This is the classic Smirnoff Red Label vodka flavored with Nordic Berries. In the United Kingdom and some other markets, it is called Smirnoff Nordic Berries.
- 21: Smirnoff Classic Mix. Smirnoff No. 21 vodka premixed with either lime soda or cola in a 70-cl bottle.
- 21: Smirnoff Vodka and Cranberry Juice. Smirnoff No. 21 vodka premixed with Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice in a 250-ml can.
- 27: Smirnoff Silver Label Vodka, 45.2% ABV
- 55: Smirnoff Black, 40% ABV. A small-batch vodka that is produced in copper stills.
- 57: Smirnoff Blue Label Vodka, 50% ABV
- 60: Smirnoff Vladimir, 40%. Available only in Poland
- 63: Smirnoff Twisted V Green Apple
- 64: Smirnoff Ice Pomegranate malt beverage, 5.5% ABV
- 66: Smirnoff Ice Raspberry Burst malt beverage, 5.0% ABV
- 66: Smirnoff Twisted V Raspberry malt beverage
- 67: Smirnoff Twisted V Mandarin Orange malt beverage
- 68: Smirnoff Twisted V Black Cherry malt beverage
- 69: Smirnoff Twisted V Watermelon malt beverage
- 70: Smirnoff Ice Watermelon malt beverage
- 71: Smirnoff Ice Triple Filtered malt beverage, 5.6% ABV
- 72: Smirnoff Ice, 5% ABV. In the United States, it is a malt beverage; elsewhere it is vodka-based. Labeled as “Spin” in South Africa.
- 73: Smirnoff Black Ice, 7% ABV. In the United States it is a malt beverage; elsewhere it is vodka-based. Labeled as “Storm” in South Africa.
- 74: Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. A lime-flavored malt beverage sold in the United States, 4.5% alcohol.
- 75: Smirnoff Ice Double Black. Sold in Australia and New Zealand.
- 76: Smirnoff Ice. Sold in Canada. 7% ABV
- 83: Smirnoff Ice Wild Grape malt beverage, 5% ABV
- 84: Smirnoff Twist Arctic Berry
- 85: Smirnoff Twisted Raspberry. Sold in Canada
- 92: Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple. Canada 7%
- 97: Smirnoff Ice Triple Filtered. Sold in Germany. 3% ABV
- 103: Smirnoff Twisted V Arctic Berry
- 110: Smirnoff Ice Double Black & Cola
- 111: Smirnoff Ice Double Black. Sold in Australia.
The basic Smirnoff vodka — number 21 — has performed well at spirit ratings competitions. It was awarded a double gold medal (the highest award) at the 2009 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Now Isn’t That AWESOME =)
Now you see what I am talking about? I don’t even drink I think Smirnoff is the awesome drink out there! A Double Thumbs up from me! Yes Give those design and advertising teams awards Please! 😀